Eight years ago James and I left Boston. Having lived in one dumpy apartment with a new baby, I never got the opportunity to visit some of the prettier parts of this historic city. Thanks to Grandma Jane, I was able to return to Boston to help my sister welcome two new boys into their family. I have since discovered some of the beauties that keep Staci on the East coast.
View from Staci's hospital window.
Out with Liz (the summer nanny) on the Freedom Trail





Jelly fish infested the Boston harbor where the USS Constitution is docked.


Ready for surgery in case Andrew didn't make it to the hospital in time. (Yes, I still wear my retainer at night.)


There's still no parking in Brighton.

Good old 199 Strathmore Rd. I wonder what they're charing for rent these days.
4 comments:
That jelly fish looked cool. I assume you never made it into the delivery room? Glad you are home though. Mom hates being a mom; you have to be mean and apply discipline. She prefers being Grandma.
-Papa
Allie, I hope it was all worth it for you, what with the set backs at the end of the trip. I am so happy you came. You made my stay at the hospital bearable. I will never forget your sacrifice in coming. These are awesome pictures!!
I'm glad that you got to go....I know I would have felt happy to have my family near me during such a horrible time as Staci had. I LOVED Boston, and thanks to you I did get to go and see all those beautiful places. You are a terrific sister, mother, daughter in law and friend (and wife).
Awesome birthday theme. Fun, yummy and messy. Perfect!
Post a Comment