Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Iron Rod

This was an assignment from the bishop to go along with a family scripture reading goal for the new year. James was asked to draw a picture of what the scriptures mean to him.  (I tried to convince James to do my portrait and quote 1Nephi 16:8.  No dice.)  From left to right: Tessa, Grace, Marie, Allie, James, and Ben.


7 comments:

James said...

What James didn't mention is the fact that I asked him to do a portrait of me. When he asked what I had to do with the scriptures, I quoted 1 Nephi 16:8. Referring to his wife: "And also, I Nephi, had been blessed of the Lord exceedingly."

No dice.

scooping it up said...

ha ha ha ha! love it!

Lori Thornbrue said...

I love the picture, and I can tell the hands even without the 'who was who'. Wow, I would love a copy. I have a birthday coming up. (Hint, Hint)
By the way, I haven't had a chance to go shopping yet.....but I can't wait! Perhaps Saturday? I sure love you.

Lori Thornbrue said...

And, I do love the portrait of you....hands are so telling> There is love for you in those hands....strength and family togetherness. Fantastic.

Lori Thornbrue said...

Mom and Dale saw this along with Bobbi, Neil and family while they were in Seattle. Everyone thought it was fantastic.

Lloyd Family said...

Very awesome! I told Lance he should do one of our family, but he said it would be lame to copy someone elses idea-- so I told him to come up with something else and our family, scripturesquely. We'll see. . . .

Angela said...

Love it! James, you have an amazing talent!!