| This is Rosie. When we learned she was a dude, we renamed "her" Roosevelt. |
| James begins the chase. |
| Roosevelt thought he would be safe under the jungle gym. |
| He didn't have a prayer. |
| It's hard to take a life--especially when it's looking right at you. |
| Tessa helps hold the feet. |
| Preparing to make the first slice. |
| Feeling for the pulse. |
| Dipping the bird in hot water helps the feathers to come off easier. |
| Helping to pull all the feathers off. |
| The kids played with the chicken feet. |
| When James started pulling out the innards, the kids got really grossed out. |
| Marie kept her ears covered because she didn't want to hear the crunching of bone. |
| Ben thought he was going to be sick. |
| Roosevelt's final resting place. |
7 comments:
No offense intended.......that is the funniest post I've ever seen. Made me laugh until I cried. The looks on the kids faces is priceless. My cousins and I used to play with the innards....making 'witches brew' out of the innerds plus straw and water. It was pretty nasty. Did the kids get to craft with some of the feathers? What a good thing, though, for all people to learn.......just where our food comes from and how. And that was definitely a rooster for sure. How was the pie? Did the kids eat it? Looks good from the outside. Did James tell them that he used to eat chicken feet? Thanks for sharing.
OMG. O.M.G.
Wow, that was the most morbid thing I have ever seen.... and the most hilarious!! So so so funny! Love the Rosie Pie :) hahahahahaha!!!
Wow. I didn't know you guys had chickens. way to make an experience of it!
Wow. I didn't know you guys had chickens. way to make an experience of it!
I'm still disturbed by this a month after you posted it. I remember killing a chicken on our pioneer trek and the bone crunching was the worst. The pictures of the kids faces are pretty funny, but I think it's gross that they're playing with the chicken feet. Did they actually eat it or were they too grossed out after seeing the process? The pot pie looks good though.
Hope home school is going well. Maybe we'll see you sometime soon.
Oh that brought back memories. Except we rsised and killed 50 chickens every year. I always claimed the kitchen sink duty so I didn't have to see all or any blood.
Post a Comment