I don't know but I've been told,
It is time for Blue and Gold!
Sound off...
What can I say? We rocked the house. The BSA's theme was "Light a Candle." Huh?! So we changed their lame theme to something more macho: The Military. The CSU ROTC came to do our flag ceremony. Some people got teary eyes. All of our in-active boys in primary were in attendance --with the exception of two. We presented dog tags to all the boys (while playing the Top Gun theme) and served MRE desserts.

Sitting on camo blankets.
Tribute to soldiers in the background.

The kids pose in front of a WWII tent.

An awesome group of leaders.

St. Major Olsen gives us the game plan.

The ROTC guys prepare to present the colors (while the Young Women swoon).


A talk about why we do a flag ceremony.

Tug of war. When it was the adults' turn, the rope broke.
Camo face paint.
Camo cookies.

Pizza pot-luck.

Part of our obstacle course.


Hello, Sailor!

Crawling under barbed wire.

Experiences from a veteran.

The presentation of the dog tags.


Some happy Cub Scouts.
13 comments:
Nice job! Looks like a first-rate event. Phil Tate and ____ Galbraith would be proud! That ought to quiet the neigh sayers in your ward. Congrats!
Allie you ROCK!!!!! AMAZING! What a fun and unforgettable event for all those boys, and everyone else there! Cool!! Now go relax!
i thought the theme was supposed to be going green? either way, it looks awesome. quit magnifying that calling or you're going to get life long scout callings. you better watch out.
Nice... way to go with a BETTER theme. Light a candle??? Ha! It looks like everyone had a good time at this one!
Allie,
Your grandma wishes she had of been there. It was outstanding and I'm sure everyone appreciated all you do and did.
You know my love for scouting and I'm glad your involved now, keeps it in the family.
YA!!! for your spcial guests. I bet they were impressed with you and your planning.
Keep up the good work.
Love ya,Grandma Pearl
Wow, that looks like a FANTASTIC blue and gold dinner. Amazing. What a GREAT event! Love it all.
Incredible!!!!!!!!!!
You pulled off quite the event. Good for you. I'm crossing my fingers that I never get called to Scouts. You did a good job though.
Amazing event for those boys. Great job!!
Great job!! We had a fun night of skits and pizza too. Are working toward arrow of light soon and more. I love our leader and know that it helps when you guys are on top of everything. Thanks for all you do.
Wow! What a neat event!
I just found your blog! Too cute!!!!!
WOW!! Can we come to your troop?? Ours was shall I say...less than eventful...Yawn..
Post a Comment