Allie ran a marathon, Becca and Molly half, and Jane 5k. One of them might actually do it again, someday.

Loading the car.

Is she thrilled, or what?

Or what.

Enjoying the scenery at the rest stop.

That picture better not end up on your blog.

Molly trying not to throw up.

Walking to dinner.

Palisade Cafe and Grill

Can you read that sign on the left?

A picture tells a thousand words.

We all wanted to move here.

Becca is the first to check out the port-o-let.

Cute cabins lined the entire course.

Touching the world.

Our hotel room. Do you know how long it takes for four giggly girls to go to sleep?

Trying to keep warm. It was freezing!

The "squatcho" stretch.

Whose big idea was this anyway?!

This is nuts!

Seeking shelter from the wind.

Allie found her girlfriends from church (minus one).

Allie decided to remove her coat at the beginning of the race, and hands it off to Becca.

Stretching those calves.

Does this really need a caption?

And, they're off!

Staying together for the first part.

Becca coming in for the last leg of the race.

Almost broke a sweat.

Looking good.

Almost there, giving everything she's got.

Hooray, she's done.

Where can I sit?

Becca warms up following "after race shakes."

Here comes Molly. Apparantly Allie was just ten minutes behind.

Is that a smile of relief?

Molly walking to the finish.

Allie (left) sprinting to the finish.

Allie tried to catch up to this girl the whole race. It was neck and neck at the end.

Hail the conquering hero!

So glad it's over.

Sore muscles left Molly crawling back to the hotel room.

Becca had to help Allie off the floor.

Molly shows off her blistered feet.

Waiting for Mom to return with the room key.

Can I shower first?

The shirt is a Mother's Day gift from Jane.
12 comments:
Awww man! I am bawling like a baby! I wish I could have had the night of giggles with you guys. I am sure it was so fun. I will probably never do a marathon, but I'd love to come next time to take pics and be the road-side comedian.
Go Allie! Go Becca! Go Molls!
Congratulations! You did it!
WOW!!!! Boy,Pam Annette and I wished we knew where the race was. We would of come and I would of walked. When you told us Allie it sounded sooo far from anywhere and with all of the graduations we need to go too and missing Marie's baptism was so hard for me but next time I'm not waiting for someone to say yes, I'll book my flight my self. Jane told me the night before it was near Grand Junction and we have stayed there on our way to CO. Please don't give up on me :)
I'm so proud of all of you, and what fun to be together.
We have a softball players' wife who goes with her siblings once a year for a fun trip. Their mom left monies for just that and what a blast. They went to Jamaica this year.
Loved seeing the blog and once again,Congratulations to ALL of YOU. Let me know about the next one. I'm still doing water aerobics and walking so I should be OK for 1/2 marathon.
Love,
Grandma Pearl
You are all unbelievable. What a great accomplishment. I love the pics and the captions. Let me know
where the nudist colony is...I'll
check it out. Love to all of you.
Grandpa Salty........
Great job you guys! Love the blog-- almost felt like I was there-- almost.
Wow, fantastic!!!! I love it all. It looks like fun. I am impressed that Molly made the 13 miles after being so sick! What women. What surprises me is how when you are done you actually want to do it again! Thanks for all the pictures.
Holy cow you're amazing! What a huge accomplishment.... something I know I'll never be able to do. I'm impressed, again :) Hope the muscles are recovering well!
Congratulations on running the marathon!
I like the Redneck Fantacy sign. But is the fantacy the giant beef or the nudist colony?
Incredible!
Wow! Congratulations!
What a fun time! I love the girls' matching dresses. They look so sweet and cute.
Love the shirt Run like a mother- where did she get it?
Nice job and a great finish. We just did the Wasatch Ragnar. Check it out.
Post a Comment