Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Cub Scout Day Camp

I've done myself a disservice. I organized the perfect day camp. I'm sure my fate in scouting is doomed. Now, they'll never release me. We did it for half the price and twice the fun we would have had if we had attended the district-sponsored program. No one missed work, or had to attend a single training. It was sheer genius...

When the boys arrived, they made t-shirts by popping Rit Dye-filled water balloons with darts.


Heating charcoal for s'mores.

Painting clay Indian figurines


Water Balloon Volleyball


Soda-bottle Rockets and Launchers
Laser Tag in the dark hallways

Wind Chimes

Water relays


Two-legged race


Popsicle breakThis kid was my favorite: "This is the best day of my life. It's better than I ever dreamed!"


Ultimate Frisbee and Sharks and Minnows in the cool, air-conditioned building.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Looks like they had a blast. It's too bad you're going to be the cub scout leader for the next five years. Just kidding.

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Allie Thornbrue said...

I don't know who left that third comment, but sorry. I have no idea how it got deleted. It certainly wasn't me...

Aja Jenise said...

LOVE THIS ALLIE!! Pauls mom is here visiting, so we enjoyed catching up with you on your blog. We did these pictures of the Primary children two years ago. I never thought to mount them in the house. Its beautiful!! And brilliant!! Thanks for the idea lovey!!

Lloyd Family said...

Very clever ideas. It does look like the "best day" in a kid's life.

angel said...

Wow!!! Can I come next time? What awesome ideas! I love the shirts and the wind chimes. Sounds like one incredibly fun day for those little boys!

Grandma Pearl said...

Allie,
What a great idea and what a big success for evryone there. Your pretty super.
How did you make the wind chimes?
I love wind chimes and who would ever of thought of the tye dyed shirts.
You rate a A+ in my book.
Love,
Grandma Pearl