Allie starting to climb the ski slope that started her nearly 9-mile second leg. Kill one accomplished. (A kill is when you pass someone on the course. Some teams kept track of their kills with washable tally marks on their car windows.)
Garrett, our fastest runner in the van, ran up the hill to take this picture for me.
About 100 yards ahead we began running through snow. I had just changed into dry socks. Clearly, it didn't do me any good. Water bottle exchange.
This was the prettiest course I have ever run.
About here my pasta lunch began to churn in my stomach.
| Check out that stride at mile 8.3! Running toward the exchange. |
This guy's target says, "Kill me now." He wore that face mask for whole race.
This car had Barbies taped to their car. The runners even looked like Barbies.
Everyone decorated their vans. On the back of this car it read, "Van #2 sucks." Obviously there was a lot of camaraderie between both sets of vans.
This was the Marine from Boston that was assigned to our team. His duck has a beer in hand. I don't think he knew before hand that his entire team was comprised of Latter-day Saints.
Mike showing Garrett his app.
Huh?
Maegan and Brett
Napping while waiting for van #2.
I had no idea I was going to be running up that ski slope. I knew I was going down the mountain, but I didn't know I had to run to the top first.
The lodge where we ate lunch.
7 comments:
What resort is that?
Gorgeous course!
Jarom
Snow Basin. I thought of you, Jarom.
beautiful! i love the shot of you flying al.
Beautiful course and great pictures of your run. Way to go, Allie.
The best part of the Ragnar for me was it was in Utah and I got to see you and family!!! Fantastic!
What a great time. I wish my knees would let me do this.
Dad
I ran 2 miles today, does that count for anything? HA! Seriously so impressed by your amazing runs!
Post a Comment