Saturday, April 5, 2008

Colorado or Bust!

James got a new job at Numerica, a small engineering/consulting firm. His first day is June 3rd. The company is located in Loveland, about an hour away from my parents. We will most likely live in Ft. Collins. We imagine things will get pretty crazy here, so updates will mostly likely be few and far between. James is scheduled to spend some time in Florida and will be working on the reports for the end of his three-year project. We've also got to figure out details for house hunting, moving, and renting out our own place.

11 comments:

Michaelangelo said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! They must have given you a nice re-offer!! Good luck in all the moving preparations-- I don't envy you in that, but how great that you will be so close to Allie's family!

Love you guys!

Lloyd Family said...

You do realize that it is going to SNOW on Tuesday in Denver!!! No, seriously, congratulations!! That is very exciting to start a new adventure and to be closer to family.

Lori Thornbrue said...

Well, of course, I am excited. :) Mom

Mean Mommy said...

Awesome! Congratulations!

Let me know if I can take the kids for a while if you need to pack or make phone calls or whatever.

Randy said...

Today I was a panelist at a conference for women and computing, and I told the attendees that negotiating the salary offer can be more stressful than the job interview. My comment was very much based on James' experience over the past week. I'm glad it all worked out... Now for the hard part: moving. Do you realize that we've been in our house in Colorado longer than any of our previous three residences? Moving is awful. Hopefully your move won't be all that bad.

-papa randy

Anonymous said...

Allie and James,
We are thrilled you got the job.
Being with famaily is so much fun and havinf family close isa blessing. Something we never experienced until Jane had children. It is great havin g Pam and Annette so close.
I still feel bad we didnd't get to visit your new home but we did get a visit and that was gret.
Love youy all.
Grandma Pearl

Anonymous said...

That was the most emotionless posting. You crack me up. Congrats, wish I could come over and play with everyone while you organize.

angel said...

Congratulations!!

Ron and Mardawn said...

Allie,

I love your haircut. You look very cute but of course, you look cute no matter how your hair is done. You have a beautiful family. Good luck on the move.

Mardawn Fosson

Anonymous said...

ALLIE,
I UNDERSTAND HOW HARD IT IS TO TRY TO MOVE, HAVE BIRTHDAYS AND LIVE A SOMEWHAT NORMAL LIFE. EVERYTHING WILL WORK OUT AND HAVE FUN WITH THE BIRTHDAY PARTY FOR MARIE.
MAYBE WE'LL SEE YOU A LITTLE MORE OFTEN IN COLORADO. I HOPE SO.
I JUST KEEP CHECKING YOUR AWESOME BLOG AND HOPE SOMETHING SHOWS UP AND IT DOES, SO THANKS A MILLION.
LOVE,
GRANDMA AND GRANDPA PETE

Jarom and Melissa said...

See you soon. If I graduate on time (gulp).

Jarom