Ben is learning not to suck his thumb. He, like the girls two years ago, will have it on for one week and then we will soak the cast in the tub to remove it. His cast is made of Rigid Wrap (found at Michael's). The cast doesn't have to go all the way up his thumb--just high enough to break the suction. He has been a champ. No tears at bed time, just frustration at meal times because he is right-handed.
11 comments:
I like the decorations on the cast. That is such a good idea. I'll have to keep it in the back of my head if I have another thumb sucker. Sarah finally broke her habit when she lost her bottom two teeth. It just wasn't the same. :)
I love the beautiful pictures on your blog. So much green!
I think that's a great idea. Too bad it won't work for a pacifier. I'm glad Ben has been so brave. What a big boy!
-- Melissa
Way to go Ben! Good luck with that!
We are proud of Ben! Then looking at Marie and Tessa......makes me sad how much they have grown up!!
Well, there is good and bad in all of growing up :)
We love you all!!!
Elisabeth just sucks on her lower lip for comfort. I wonder if that will continue after she has teeth. For now, it's rather nice because she is a very happy, very easy baby to take care of.
Sara.....you can't put a cast on a lower lip!! :)
James and Allie....Birthday in a cast??? Hope Ben doesn't have trouble eating his cake :)
Dude, I'm glad that you guys are getting down and dirty with the thumb sucking. I wish mom and dad had done that for me.
Hey Allie it's me Tonya. I was so excited glad to see you guys are happy in Colo. I love this cast idea both my kids suck their thumbs can you tell me more about it! Please
Great idea. I have told many people about that and they look at me like i'm crazy. I tossed Ezra's binky before he had a word to beg for it. I think it makes them happier and easier to be without.
What a cutie he is!! While it probably seems like a pain now, it will give you some fun memories to tell his girlfriends and then his wife!!
I always wanted a thumb sucker, and never had one:(
Look at those sweet darlings. Watch out they are growning fast!
Post a Comment