1. School is now in session and my kids have homework every night (we're talking math problems, spelling words, sight-reading words, etc.)
2. I have been trying to help my kids learn their parts and all the songs for the primary program next week.
3. I have a new calling (counselor in the Relief Society presidency)
4. I am trying to help Ben learn the alphabet (poor guy has been ignored for too long)
5. I have been planning a visiting teaching luncheon for those I visit teach
6. I never have enough "quiet time" as I have to wake kids from their naps twice: once to pick up Tessa from kindergarten and once to pick Marie up from 1st grade.
7. The never-ending pile of laundry that haunts our four HUGE hampers. (I think we should go back to the pioneer days when people owned one outfit for work and one for church.)
8. We won't mention my disgusting bathrooms.
9 comments:
Allie,
I sure wish you had something to do. I feel sorry for you sitting in your house eating bon bons every day, and watching 'soaps'.
Laundry IS a huge issue......I have about decided (having helped Annie fold PILES of laundry) that if we had LESS, we would be better off. As I was folding laundry today, I thought, "5 shirts, 5 pants, 7 undies, 7 pairs of socks, plus Sunday clothes should 'do it'. WHILE I was folding clothes, Brennan spilled juice down the front of him TWICE (a lot, even though the cup had a 'lid' on it) And so as I was there 'dreaming' of 5 outfits, we went through 3 outfits in a matter of 10 minutes!!! I think they were probably rather dirty by out standards in the 'good old days'.
Good luck with all you have to do!
Sure love you.
I guess we forgive you. Good luck with all that you have on your plate right now. We are excited for the primary program.
Allie,
Your family is so cute and growing so quickly. You seem extremely busy and I hope not to take up too much of your time. Life for me is going well. I'd love to write to you. I have a blog but have a privacy policy on it. I need your email so I can add you and you can check out my blog. My email is xelaabcd@hotmail.com. I'd love to hear from you. -Shayla
My question was not: "Why have the been no posts lately?" It's "Why when you do post something is it boring and utterly without pictures?"
Lets go multi-media.
Jarom
I hear ya. Add football practice from 5-8 almost daily, 4 houses in escrow, Summer's volleyball starting soon, and a beach retreat to plan for and you have my life. At least Summer and Dylan ride the bus home so I do not have to wake up Ezra from his naps. I do, however, contend with that mountain of laundry. Oh why can it not do itself? And just when you think you are caught up-- a kids cleans his room!
Amen to that with only slight variations! Life is crazy!
The other day I cleaned our guest bathroom, and I'm pretty sure that's the first time I've done it since Elisabeth was born. Scary thought. Maybe I did do it once. I really hope so. At least that bathroom is not used very frequently!
Bless you Allie.
You have a lot on your plate right now but think of the rewards you'll receive as you help out the sisters in your new ward + the wonderful relationship you have with your children and your husband.
I miss seeing pictures and talking to you about my blog. As you may have seen I keep working on it but I just can't seem to remember which button to push and which one not to. I know that one day I'll have a phone call and just a great chat before picking up children and taking them to different places. We have all been there and remember" There is a time and a season", which one your in is the right one even though it seems mind boggling.(SP)
Love,
Grandma Pearl
Too cute. I finally made time to read blogs today. That alone can be a full time job!! I'm so sorry that your girls worked so hard on their program parts and we had to slash everything. :( Well, when you find out the secret to doing laundry and keeping up with bathrooms... besides hiring a cleaning lady...please let me know.
Post a Comment