Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Swimming Lessons-Autumn Session

Last week was the kids' final swimming lesson. Grandma Jane came to watch (that might explain why we actually have pictures of the event). I'd say the progess they made was worth every penny. Marie is swimming on her own for short distances, and Tessa is almost there. Ben is no longer afraid of the water and Grace...well, she's just happy to be along for the ride!
Tessa doing the elementary back float with her teacher, Spencer. (Chicken, airplane, soldier!)

Tessa is pretty fast on the kick-board.


Ben and Miss Gretchen. He LOVED her.




I wish this picture hadn't turned out so blurry. Check out Ben's awesome stroke!


Marie swimming on her own!



The indoor water slide. It is so nice to have access to a pool year-round.


Grace at the bottom of a kiddy slide. We are thankful she no longer crawls deeper than nose-level. Apparently it takes some degree of sense to turn around--as opposed to going deeper.








8 comments:

Lori Thornbrue said...

Fabulous pictures. I am proud of my swimming grandchildren! Water is fun!

Jarom and Melissa said...

Fun pictures. Way to go all of you. I'm impressed and bet you can all swim better than I can.
-- Aunt Melissa

Lisa Thornbrue said...

I'm glad Mom made us take swimming lessons, as I learned valuable skills. I still don't do the breathing/nose/water thing at all well, though.

Jolayne said...

I love Gretchen. She is the best instructor they have. I would always choose her if I could.

scooping it up said...

I wish Jane could have come. So jealous your kids can swim. Grace is a rockstar.

Lloyd Family said...

Swimming lessons are fun! Dylan is in the middle of a swimming week for school. Sounds COLD this time of year to me!

Lori Thornbrue said...

Do we get a picture of your new house?

angel said...

Wow! How fun!