Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Brontosauras

I had a really weird moment the other day. When I opened the garage door, I saw this car parked in front of my neighbor's house. For a split second, I thought, "Oh, Mom is here to pick me up." Totally bizarre, but funny. For those of you who don't know, this 15-seater commuter van was our family's mode of transportation for the last 10 years of my childhood. Some days, I drove it to school when the maggot was out of commission.

Do you know what it is like to back out of a high school parking lot driving this?! And I was grateful because it sure beat what I usually drove. I remember being really disappointed my senior year when I didn't win the "Ugliest Car in the Lot" yearbook competition. For once, I thought I had something in the bag.

4 comments:

scooping it up said...

oh my hannah.
it's hiddeous.

i think this puppy is a 12 seater. we had the extra length with the three more in the WAY back.

hilarious!

Grandma Pearl said...

I remember that vehicle. I remember flat tires on the freeway but the best thing I remember is : Jane was driving and talking to Molly and all of a sudden no Molly. As Jane was wondering what was happening a small voice said"Hi Mom". She had crawled out of her seat to the front of the car. I believe that was before seat belts, if not she had crawled out of her belt to visit with her mom. Your grandpa said it was very familiar.
XOXO Grandma Pearl

Jarom and Melissa said...

Nice! We had a VW van that was pretty awful and didn't have reverse after awhile.

Michaelangelo said...

I remember the pink VW bug that we drove around the week you got married. That was a nice car too :)