Thursday, April 15, 2010

Marie's Birthday

Finished just in the nick of time.







Happy Tax Day, everyone. Here are the cupcakes I made for Marie's class. The idea came from a book my mother-in-law gave me titled, Hello Cupcake! I have to admit these cupcakes were not Marie's first choice. She really wanted the princess ones, but I just didn't have the strength. (That, and I'd probably have to drive to another state to get all the ingredients.) Perhaps next year...

8 comments:

scooping it up said...

oh my heavens, they are so cute! nice work. Hope they made it to school safely... :)

M.E.G. said...

Wow. Did you save one for me? Those are really impressive! I'll have Mom take a look as soon as she gets home.

Lori Thornbrue said...

Wow those are BEAUTIFUL!!!
I am impressed!!!! I tried one of the butterflies and gave up!

Leslie said...

Great job, Allie! Wow, those are beautiful cupcakes!

Lisa Thornbrue said...

Gorgeous works of art!

Michaelangelo said...

Happy happy Birthday Marie! I was so sad, I tried to call and realized that the number I had in my phone was your old number.... and mom wasn't available to get your new number that day. Grrr. Hope you had a marvelous day! And BEAUTIFUL cupcakes Allie. You are amazing, as usual!

Lloyd Family said...

Wow!!! Those are gorgeous!! How?

Happy Birthday, Marie.

Grandma Pearl said...

Marie,
I bet your the most popular girl in your class when it comes to extra special cupcakes.
I bet there are many boys and girls that wish their mom was as talented as yours.
It was fun talking to you on your special day.
A day we'll never forget, Tax day and a extra special birthday for you, 8 is Great!!!
Love,
Grandma and Grandpa