Friday, December 28, 2007

Then and Now

This was then, early 2004: Marie conspires with Tessa, a willing accomplice, to have a little fun in the kitchen. Shortly after this incident, locks appeared on pantry doors.

Fast forward to now, late 2007. Then, Marie seemed motivated by mischief; now, Ben is all about the food. Usually the first one up these days, Ben tried to hit mom and dad for a handout. Feeling that all was secure, we slumbered on...unaware that a box of pumpkin bread mix, lying helpless on the counter, would be his victim.

The scene of the crime.

Sorry Lori, at least Ben got to enjoy your Christmas gift.

Is Grace the last, best hope for mankind? Or is it just a matter of time...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandma Jane says: OH BOY BEN!!! Good thing you are so cute. If I don't see you on this blog ever again I will know that you have been locked up until your next birthday. WOW what a mess!

scooping it up said...

Oh my goodness. I would seriously go beserk with that mess. Jane has not yet learned to climb anything and shows a sincere disinterest in the kitchen bupboards, but I suppose it's only a matter of time. Jane would have so much fun learning from Ben. I love Marie and Tessa's face. Marie knows she's caught, and Tessa is so proud.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah. Maris looks totally guilty whilte Tess is thinking, "Gee Marie, this is great. I'd follow your anywhere."

Randy said...

The "age of accountability" is eight? There is no question from the look on Marie's face that she knows right from wrong and that she KNOWS she picked wrong. I'm pretty sure Ben isn't guilt-free either.

Alissa said...

Hi, it's Alissa (Hendrickson). My sister-in-law said you've been looking for me? What's up? By the way, your kids are adorable. =)

Mean Mommy said...

Oh man. I'm just glad it's not just my kids. Although, mine probably do it more often than your little angels. ;)