Monday, December 3, 2007

Trip to California

Anticipating a move to Denver next summer, we thought we'd take the kids to Disneyland while it was still within a day's drive. Thanks to accomodations provided by Jason's family and Grandma Judy, the trip wasn't as expensive as it could have been. It was rather amusing to feed my kids on the same dishes that I used as a kid. (And of course, the refridgerator was well stocked with Kraft singles and fudgesicles.)


Kids, Judy, and citrus that we covet.

Outside in Jason's backyard.

Ben drives a truck at Knott's Berry Farm.

Waiting in line at Knott's.

Ben swallowed his gum.

As Marie's race car whips around the corner, her body goes one direction, her gum another.

Ben and Tess enjoy a leisurely ride.

Cute Marie.

Making homemade OJ with Grandma Judy.

Little Gracie.

Marie and Grandma play primary songs.

Ready for Peter Pan!

"Daddy, there's Mermaid Lagoon!"

Tessa loves white ponies.

Ben and James.

It's a small world after all!

Allie was laughing so hard because she knew her babies were going to fall out of the roller coaster and there was nothing she could do to keep that from happening. (Tessa, in the car in front of Allie, does not appear to notice her perilous circumstances.)

Disneyland at night. (This picture was in case you were wondering how we survived an amusment park with four small children. We've gotten a lot of miles out of that stroller!)

Grace plays with Tessa's cheeks.


At our hotel in Santa Barbara.


Counldn't resist a picture of the Los Angeles Temple on the drive home.

Marie and Allie take turns demonstrating their hula skills:

11 comments:

scooping it up said...

I cannot stop laughing at these pictures. My favorites: The gum flying, the hula from Allie, the rollercoaster with Tessa's pure joy and Allie's laughing her way to her death and Gracie playing with Tessa's cheeks (because we all want to). I think Allie's website is going win for sure!

scooping it up said...

PS. Check out the link I put on my blog to this website. I hope it will help your hit count.

Anonymous said...

WOW! Too fun! Love Marie's tiara. Is that the one from Aunt Leslie? I hardly recognized Gracie, my chubby cheeks aren't that cute. Ben's astonishment is adorable. Tessa you were brave to go on that roller coaster. Go Grandma Judy and homemade fresh sweezed orange jucie. Post more please! Grandma Jane

Anonymous said...

OH!!MY !!! WISH I HAD OF BEEN THERE. ALLIE YOU WERE GREAT WITH THE "HULA HOOP" WERE YOUR CHILDREN IMPRESSED?
JAMES, I LOVED THE STROLLER, WAY TO GO!!
HOPE WE CAN MAKE IT DOWN BEFORE YOU MOVE OR YOU CAN MAKE IT HERE.
LOVE,
GRANDMA PEARL

M.E.G. said...

Priceless! I could not stop lauging, Al. I am glad to see Tessa still loves white ponies, Ben likes big trucks, Marie is beautiful princess and Gracie as cute as a button! Everyone is getting so big.

Kristen said...

allie i do not know what you are going to do when those girls of yours get into high school. you are in so much trouble! :)

lovely pictures. I am doing a masterful job of not being offended that you were 3 miles from my house and didn't call me.

i'm just saying. :)

Steven Ting said...

Wonderful pictures! I think that Allie will win in the long run but we all win with all of the pictures and videos.

Anonymous said...

What can I say....I love you all, you are SO beautiful. Wish dad and I had gone along on this terrific family vacation. I love Marie's hoola hoop hips!

Randy said...

I guess we'll be going to six flags once you are here. The kids had too much fun at the theme parks. Love the pics and the comments. Allie, you win by a mile (but James, I still love your web site too :)

Anonymous said...

Fun pictures! We especially love Gracie playing with Tessa's cheeks.
-- Melissa

Mean Mommy said...

Seriously cute kids. :D