Sunday, February 10, 2008

A "Dirty" Little Secret

Now I realize that I am often mistaken for Martha Stewart. Many people believe that our house has never been messy. Well, folks, I have documented proof that I am, at best, sub par compared to Martha (plus the fact that I've never been in jail). The good news is that we worked really hard yesterday and got everything back to order in time for Sunday.









10 comments:

Lori Thornbrue said...

Oh, Allie, I am appalled!!! (j.k.) It looks like my house after Cade and Brennan leave on Sunday evenings!!! Or anytime that I am in the middle of some project or another. I can make a pretty great mess all my own.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, those pictures made me laugh so hard. I loved it. You and Marty (as I call her lovingly because we are best friends) are two peas in a pod.

Randy said...

Speaking of dirtly little secrets. When I was dating your mom, her bedroom would rival Staci's college apartment except that there was no where to walk. I distictly rememeber a time when we were engaged that I literally had to jump from the door to her bed because there was no where safe to walk and I couldn't be sure what I would find underneath something. I also remember Pearl coming in a telling me in no uncertain terms that sitting on a single girl's bed was immoral and implied that it was a far worse offense than eating without a shirt on. I even got in trouble for breaking into their house while they were on vacation to set up a fish aquarium in Jane's bedroom. It wasn't so much that I was able to break into the house (popped the dowel out from the patio slider), it was for going into Jane's bedroom.

Michaelangelo said...

Allie I am so glad to know that I'm not the only one who has a total disaster of a house sometimes!! Some days it seems that no matter how hard I try that's the best it looks... so depressing. I'm glad you got it all put back together... time to start again!

Lloyd Family said...

Oh, thank you for those pictures. You made me feel a whole lot better. It is amazing how quickly a house can get to be a mess. One little project aside from normal routine and the whole house errupts. Right now the family is in the middle of "The Farming Game" (like Monopoly) which took too long to complete yesterday afternoon. It now sits on my kitchen table awaiting this evening's play time. We had dinner pic nic style on the living room floor last night. The pic nic blanket, of course, was left on the floor until this morning. . . you know the routine!

Nicole Shelby said...

Holy Crack Up Batman!
I hear you. I get you. Good to know I'm not the only one!

Anonymous said...

Glad to know you're normal!!!

Kristen said...

ha! I'm not convinced! I bet you did all that on purpose - just because you were bored and wanted to clean something.

;)

Unknown said...

Allie, these are wonderful! Every good home I know of has had day(s) that look just like this! Remember that playing with our children is the best time of Life! Love Ya lots! Aunt Annette

Maegan said...

If you took all these pictures in the same hour I am sorry. If you got all that cleaned up in one day- props to you! I can barely get 1 room that messy cleaned up in one day. So yes the mess is impressive but the rate at which you cleaned- you got Martha beat big time!