Sunday, February 24, 2008

Little Darlin', Here Comes the Sun!

Allie munches on some corn at our community's Rodeo Round Up.
Hot dog and corn. What could be better?

The booths were sponsored by a local church. Notice the crucifix around Tessa's neck.


Ring toss around the Sahuaro.



Grace sucks on her thumb during the horse and wagon ride.

Hello, Dad.

Grace and Allie

To show her spirit on crazy hair day, Marie wore all her bows to school.

This is James' idea of inspiration for Ben.

Aint it a bloomin' shame? Can you believe they build houses that close together?!

Kids painting on a rainy Friday.

We built a tent under the kitchen table then had a campout.

14 comments:

Lori Thornbrue said...

I love the undies on the horse---and the sunshine and corn.....you live in a different world! We're still in the hot chocolate phase. Yours looks much more fun!! The kids are darling, as always. And I would give Marie first prize for her hair bows!!
Grace is getting so big.

Lloyd Family said...

That sunshine looks glorious!! Yummy food, too. Marie, your hair looks CRAZY! School can be so fun.

Anonymous said...

I love every single one of these pictures! I can't wait til Jane has crazy hair day, and I can't wait to build a fort with furniture, and I can't wait to play outside and eat corn. BTW, that house next to yours is a cryin' shame. If I heard the hammering and mariachi music all day long I'd flip my lid. -Stace

Randy said...

I'm thinking that boxer shorts would be far more motivating. As I recall, with Jarom we were REALLY hoping to have him potty trained before he started school. That might have been the reason we held him back :) ! Could he have had colitis way back then?

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of the sunshine. I'm about ready to cry. Or rip my brains out! I think warmth and sunshine affect my mood in a positive way. As a result, snow and cold have a negative reflection in my attitude. Oh well! Someday (hopefully soon) it will be over. I need to meet Grace. She is SO cute!

Phillips Flips said...

Happy Birthday Allie!!! I hope it's a sunny beautiful one and that you get some serious spoiling. You have the cutest kids on the planet - I gotta meet that little Grace someday. Love the lashes! Tracy

Anonymous said...

Allie, in response to your question/comment on my blog, the high school disappointment was someone that I have sort of been dating since last summer. So it was more than just a friend being dumb, it was a good special friend that was a jerk which made it all the more hard. But, it's ok. He can be a jerk if he wants too. On the other hand, the kid who I went on a date with to the pirate ship...we have been on 3 dates this week. So, he makes up for the other kids lack of being there for me. It's all good. (And besides, my high school friend hasn't been on a mission yet, and the other kid has.....!!!) It's all good!

Anonymous said...

Allie,
It's so good to see you and your family on your blog. I can't believe how big your kids are getting. Marie looks just like you. I can see Ben in you also. Tessa reminds me of Staci. Your baby is darling. How's life? I don't check my blog all the time, but now that my family has a blog I'll probably check it more. I need to add some pictures. I'm just getting into all this new technology stuff. Hope you're well Allie. -Shayla

Nicole Shelby said...

Looks like it's all good times at the Thornbrue household!

And i'm glad i'm not the only one who likes to wear scarves on my head!

And...how effective is the horse inspiration? or is it just wonderful daddy silliness...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new pics. They make me happy. Looks like you are at a good ole' fashion 4th of July party. Go figure? Think you want to trade that sunshine for snow? Marie I love your bows & style for crazy hair day. Ben your daddy is silly putting under pants on the horse! Tess your necklace is darling. It is terrific seeing you all so happy. I just want to gobble little Gracie up! Love to all.

Jarom and Melissa said...

Love the horse in the underpants and the crucifix. Thanks for sharing all the pictures!
-- Melissa

Lloyd Family said...

It is a bloomin' shame how close together they build houses these days. I swear sometimes you could almost share shampoo through a bathroom window.

Jarom and Melissa said...

Grace is looking rather cute.

Jarom

Jarom and Melissa said...

PS - I think Freud explained my issue with potty training best.

Jarom