Marie (using a music stand): Quiet, everyone, I am giving a speech!
Tessa: What is a speech?
Marie: It's where you give a talk. Outside.
Allie: Did you learn that from Mrs. Lynch?
Marie: Yep. It was in a book, about black people and white people.
**********
Marie: Mom, can we buy donuts at the store?
Allie: No, we need to use this week's grocery money to buy more food storage items.
Marie: Yeah, because one day we will go to the store and there will be a sign that says, "CLOSED."
Tessa: And because one day the store will be shooted down. That's why we follow the prophet.
9 comments:
Oh how I miss those two little girls......and, unfortunatley, probably they will see the stores 'shooted down' or 'closed' in their lifetimes.
I have been feeling the push for more food storage. I think the time is not too far off that the stores are all shooted down. I am going nectarine picking next week and in about 3 weeks I will can my own tuna! Aren't I domestic?
What cute kids! Always listening and always thinking...
We're working on our food storage too. Groceries are so expensive these days we can't even afford to eat. Hooray for bulk prices being cheaper!
Very domestic Merilee! In two weeks the apricot tree at our other house will be ready for picking... our apple tree on the other hand got destroyed by that nasty storm. All of the apples (it was fully loaded) are bruised and torn up. *sigh*
Staci and I both voted for #1 and #3 temples......but #3 only has one vote.........It is an awfully pretty picture.....:)
Also, Lance, using Annie and Michael's camera is going to be the 'photographer' for the wedding...but wondering if James could also with your camera...just so we don't end up like Annie, with 'no' wedding pictures.
I love how your kids are so aware of guns. It's hilarious for children who don't see main stream television.
I told James for my birthday I wanted a hand gun and lessons on how to use it. Of course, it would have to come with a lock box.
Tessa's comment probably was the result of my expression for the beginning of the end: "When the bomb goes off..."
Cute kids! I love hearing the funny things they say.
There seems to be a lot of focus on food storage and emergency preparedness everywhere these days. Kind of scary, really.
I went to Grocery Outlet awhile back and filled two shopping carts with canned goods (more like 1 1/2 -- I had the kids with me). It was less domestic than Meri, but a lot less work, and the prices were very good.
Hilarious. loved it.
That is funny! You may not remember me, but I was in a Wymount ward with you both and with James in Heritage Halls back when we were single. How are you both and where are you now? Do you live in Colorado? Isn't that where Estes Park is? I found a link to your blog from Kristin Vandyke's blog. It is fun to read up on everyone. I am glad Blogging has become a favorite way to journal these days!
Read up on us at www.themurdockfamily.org
Post a Comment