Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New House









Staci called today and said, "For mine, Lori's and Pete's sake, PLEASE post some pictures of that house." For the last three weeks, James and I have been up until somewhere between 1:00 and 3:00 AM cleaning and painting. As always, it is a work- in-progess. I can't tell you, though, how nice it is to have another project. In fact, there are so many projects to do in this house it will take a life time to finish. We LOVE it. We want to stay forever (which is saying a lot since we have moved 13 times in the almost 10 years that we have been married).

9 comments:

Lori Thornbrue said...

Thanks for some pictures! It would give me a heart attack to be on the ladder up there painting so high. I would have to have scaffolding!!! It is nice to have a project. Did your renters end up paying this month? I hope so! Looks beautiful.

scooping it up said...

YAY! Love the chocolate color in the LR, and the color in the FR too. The patio rocks. Talk about getting some vines going or something.

Melissa said...

We loved it and are glad you found a house you can stay in "forever." Good luck with the painting and fixing up. We look forward to doing that some day.

Michaelangelo said...

Wow you guys have made that into a beautiful house! I love the paint finish in the living room and all the color on the walls. Fabulous patio! Can't wait to see what you do with the backyard.

We're getting itchy to move and start all of that too... gotta finish this one first :)

Lloyd Family said...

The kitchen/ family room reminds me of the Woodmere Ct house a bit. Beautiful. Thanks for the pics.

Anonymous said...

The picture of James on the ladder is exactly why I have not finished painting my front room! James you should wear a helmet and use a safety line or net. I'm sure your mom would agree.

James said...

It looks like I'm clinging onto the ladder, but I was reaching through it painting the corner when Allie took the picture. You'll be happy to know that I didn't get up on the roof to take down the Christmas light clips--I let the neighbor (a firefighter) do it for me.

Anonymous said...

So what is your new address? at first I thougth it was the house that you guys had been renting, but after seeing the kitchen I knew that it was different. are you in the same neighborhood? The picture on the ladder is classic.

angel said...

Wow! I love it!