Monday, March 10, 2008

Marie's Missionary Moment

The following was a conversation I had with Marie while doing her hair for school. I dont' know how recent the experience happened, as she didn't remember most of the details. It involves her best friend, Marley.

Marie: Mom, Marley doesn't believe in Jesus.

Allie: Did you tell her that you did?

Marie: Yeah, but she said that Jesus was only something on TV.

Allie: I am proud of you for sharing your testimony. How did you guys get to talking about Jesus?

Marie: I don't remember. But Mrs. Lynch believes in Jesus.

Allie: How do you know?

Marie: She says she does. And Marley only believes in the Devil. If you are bad you go to the Devil. But we know Jesus loves everyone. (Note: Marley was a devil for Halloween.)

Marie, continued: It was a hard conversation to have because I didn't know what to say.

Allie: When you don't know what to say, you can just tell that person that you know Jesus loves them very much. Then, the Holy Ghost can help that person know that what you are saying is true.

11 comments:

Lori Thornbrue said...

Kindergarten.......Amazing!
What a good and sweet Marie.

Michaelangelo said...

Wow- what a sweet girl!

Lori Thornbrue said...

And Allie, as far as my grout....the Crisco was mainly all over the straws, HIM, the the funnel....and the tile...but nicely in the center of the squares. So, it cleaned up rather well.......:)

Lori Thornbrue said...

Annie, that was funny.....our comments posted at EXACTLY the same time.

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Don't you love it when kids show an understanding of things Gospel-related and/or sensitivity to the Spirit? Last night I asked Jane if she had a nice day at church and she said "Yes, we prayed the bread and Jesus blood I drink it and temples Lord." I think that about covers the most important stuff huh?

Anonymous said...

WOW !! It makes me have tears of joy when we see tht our grandchildren have such seett testimonies. I know you record them because somedays in their later days you can tell them this is what you said and hope they remember and want to become active again.

Melissa said...

Good for Marie! It's amazing what a child can do!

Anonymous said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! That was beautiful Marie.

Lloyd Family said...

What a good girl! We just finished the part in the Book of Mormon that talks about people like "Nephiha" "Ammoroniha" -- things that end in "-ha." Whenever Jarom repeated what we had him read he would end everything in "---ha, ha, ha." So it was "And it came to pass ha, ha, ha." It was pretty funny.

Randy said...

Conversations like this remind me how special these "children saved for the last days" are.

Lori Thornbrue said...

Allie,
I hope Grace just has watery eyes and not an eye infection. I am not enjoying any part of mine...not the watery eyes, not the cream that goes in them and makes me 'blind' for 5 hours every night.....not the itchy....not the, "I don't really feel great". But I will keep it so Grace doesn't have to suffer!!