Thursday, October 23, 2008

Bracing for Winter


The girls were ready for winter clothes about a month and a half ago. But I told them they had to wait until it got quite a bit colder in order to help them adapt to the "extreme" temperature. (Otherwise we wouldn't have any other layers when it really got cold.) Since it got down to the mid 20's last night, I figured it was cold enough. Here they are, just before going off to school.

8 comments:

James said...

Brrrrrrr........I actually took a blanket with me to school. My car heater doesn't work, so i had on my jacket and was wrapped in a blanket.
They look cozy in their cute outfits!

Anonymous said...

I don't know how my computer was coming up saying 'James', cause this is and the above was: Mom Thornbrue

Jarom and Melissa said...

The girls look adorable, as always. I love that they wanted to wear their snow gear in the 50 degree weather. But I have to agree, it's getting pretty chilly.
-- Melissa

Randy said...

The outfits are little overkill given that school is indoors and Seth would probably be wearing shorts and a hoodie on a day that warms up to the mid '50s. Just wait until the snow comes!

Michaelangelo said...

Oh they look so cute! They don't know what's coming though... :) Happy winter!

Anonymous said...

I love the winter clothes and they always look so happy. We thought it was cold in Ivins this morning at 46*. I guess it is what we become use to.
Keep those bundles of joy warm and hope to see them before spring.
Love,
Grandma Pearl

Lloyd Family said...

We are enjoying beautiful 70 degree weather! Sorry about your coldness. Your kids are adorable in their bundle, though!

scooping it up said...

yeah, it does seem a little much. the worst is yet to come... very cute though.