Monday, August 10, 2009

Canning for the First Time



James and I finally bought a pressure canner in order to be more frugal and save some of our left-overs. Admittedly, it has been quite an ordeal. I canned tomatoes, split pea soup, and watermelon jam. I also made zucchini bread--another first. Just call me Laura Ingalls.

4 comments:

scooping it up said...

you are laura ingalls. can i be mary? then i can marry a hot blind guy when i'm older. my favorite thing about LHOP tv show: Pa's 70s hair. It's awesome.

Lori Thornbrue said...

Wow, aren't you tricky! And FYI Staci, Mary never married in 'real' life.
Check out the new wonderful movies that are produced by Michael Landon's son...like 'Love Come's Softly'. They are wonderful!

Lisa Thornbrue said...

Wow! Watermelon Jam sounds fantastic!

Lori Thornbrue said...

Happy, happy 10th Anniversary! James said you cooked him good food! What a wonderful wife!