Monday, August 3, 2009

Date Night in Fort Collins




I am writing a book titled The Story of the Boys I Loved Before the One I Married. It started when I found myself perusing through some old journals. I was shocked by what I read. For one, I was in so many dangerous situations and never knew it. For another, the guys my parents trusted the most, coincidentally treated me the worst. There is an amazing story that I want my kids to know. I was so clueless; I refuse my children the same luxury.

My book is still in the editing stage but James promised it would be done for our anniversary. I intend to give a soft-back copy to each of my kids on their 14th birthday. (And if you're lucky, I'll let you read it, too.)


Anyway, the book includes a lot of terrible photos of me, James, and past boyfriends. When Staci was here, I begged her to take a decent picture of us so that hopefully I could end the book on a good note. Here are just a few...

7 comments:

scooping it up said...

they would be lucky cause it is mm mmm good reading- despite some painfully embarassing moments about myself... you guys are so hot.

Brenbren said...

I just have to say that I have always that Alli is GORGEOUS! You are seriously an extremely beautiful woman! You would look in any picture.

Lori Thornbrue said...

Those are GREAT pictures. I love them.

Joy said...

cute photos. you are SO photogenic. I am sure my brother was among those ex-boyfriends, that weren't so good for you!!! I would hope if you say negative things about these guys, that you would have a positive about them too. I mean, maybe these are good guys, for the right girl, but just not for you. My brother is a good guy, but wasn't the same person back then that he is now. Still single, but has definitely learned a lot about how to treat a girl, especially if he wants to marry her.
anyway good luck with the writing!

Allie Thornbrue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lloyd Family said...

Beautiful pictures. You two make such a handsome couple. I have always been a bit biased about my good-looking brother!! Handsomest one I have!!

Grandma Pearl said...

Those pictures ae so great. I don't know how to describe you and James.
What a talent you have and I hope I get to read your book too,even though I'm a little older than 14.
Love you both and your family so much.
Keep blogging, it makes me think your so close and I love it.