Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Happy Birthday, James!

James turned 32 yesterday! We celebrated the day by purchasing a king-sized bed, eating dinner with plenty of gravy, and opening a stack of presents from the kids (art work wrapped in home-made wrapping paper). His birthday cake was stuffed with chocolate mousse, whipping cream and Oreo cookies. In the evening, we all went to the church for Enrichment night. I hadn't planned on attending since it was his birthday, but apparently he had already signed up to baby-sit. What a guy!


6 comments:

Lori Thornbrue said...

Looks like a wonderful birthday!! Yummy cake. Fun gifts. Handsome daddy. Sounds like a yummy dinner.
Hurrah! You will also love your king size bed....don't get lost! Dad and I went from a double bed to a king size, and we would pretend 'holler' at each other from each side of the bed, we seemed so far away.

scooping it up said...

Anything smaller than a king is for people who don't want a good night's sleep. ;) I promise we will love the queen when we come though. It kicks the pants off of Seth's full size.

Michaelangelo said...

Happy Birthday James! The cake looks scrumptious! I was going to call last night, but we were busy until too late... so, I'll have to catch you another day!

Anonymous said...

James,
Sounds like your birthday was a huge success. A little different than the way we celebrate our b-days. We find a softball game to watch / play and then have goodies after.
You can eat all the cake you want, I love chocolate but all that "GOOP" is too much for me.
I love the picture of Grace eating her portion. Darling children and it will be great to see all of you soon.
Grandma Pearl

Nicole Shelby said...

ah...a king-size bed...

we'd never be able to live without ours!

and being willing to give up your bday to help out RS? that's amazing!

Kristen said...

wow that cake looks amazing!

i might need the recipe... :)