Monday, March 2, 2009

Busy, and not a single picture to prove it!

1. James has been in Texas on business.
2. I am the new cub scout committee chair and last week was the blue and gold banquet. I am currently trying to figure out how to register the charter (a money-making scam if you ask me--I never knew how many hoops the church jumps through just to participate with the BSA).
3. The kids are participating in gymnastics lessons.
4. Friday was my birthday. James gave me some lovely porch furniture and he put that together yesterday.
5. On Saturday James and I did some painting for my mom.
6. Tonight for FHE we are going to talk about food storage (i.e. unpack the food storage and try to organize the basement a bit).
7. This week I start running more seriously.
8. The weather is starting to warm up, so we are also planning our yard overhaul. James wants to get the pond cleaned out and pump circulating. We need the garden area prepared, dirt delivered, grass seed planted, sprinklers figured out, bushes trimmed, trees fertilized, etc. It's going to be great!
9. Finally, the school season is simply busy. I'm sure Meri would agree. We'll be back this summer. I promise.

12 comments:

Jolayne said...

There is so much stuff to do with a new house. Looks like you have plenty to keep you busy. Are you planning a marathon or anything with your "serious" running?

Lori Thornbrue said...

Glad to have you 'back' on the blog. And, we posted some pictures so it's all good. Can't wait to see you again. Love you zillions. You are a perfect little family.

Lori Thornbrue said...

Glad to have you 'back' on the blog. And, we posted some pictures so it's all good. Can't wait to see you again. Love you zillions. You are a perfect little family.

Lisa Thornbrue said...

I never did get down to see your basement. I made a special mental note to get up and look at it the morning we left (just for curiosity sake) but forgot. I know it's unfinished, but I still feel I missed the "complete" picture

Lisa Thornbrue said...

I never did get down to see your basement. I made a special mental note to get up and look at it the morning we left (just for curiosity sake) but forgot. I know it's unfinished, but I still feel I missed the "complete" picture

Michaelangelo said...

Busy busy busy! How fun for you :) at least now we all know how you're doing!

Happy birthday by the way... I had it in my mind to send you a birthday card all week last week and... well... it hasn't gone out yet. I'm a horrible person. Happy Birthday anyway!

Lori Thornbrue said...

Funny your post posts twice sometimes.......I guess that Lisa and I just make such interesting reading.......!

Grandma Pearl said...

Allie,
it was great to read about all your exciting adventures, especially "cub scouting? Hang in there, you'll make it yet.
My pedometer said I walked 4 miles today, I was worn out. I wish I could get your grandpa or someone to walk with me.
I'm anxious to see all the changes you've made in your home since I last visited if it is possible.
I'd love to see the pictures Grandma Lori posted.
Love,
Grandma Pearl

Anonymous said...

Hey, where is my comment on MORE PICTURES Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz? By the way painting at mom's is fantastic. Thanks so very much!

Anonymous said...

Wow....sounds like you guys are up to your necks in busy-ness. Cub Committee Chair? Me too...and Aunt Holly as well.

Lloyd Family said...

I hear ya on the school thing. Espcially with a husband in college, still. He had 8 credits this term-- 12 next term, then 8 over the summer and then he will FINALLY graduate, only to jump right into his masters program. He may be going to the University of Whales. Online mostly, but it does require a week oversees. FUN!!

Lloyd Family said...

I hear ya on the school thing. Espcially with a husband in college, still. He had 8 credits this term-- 12 next term, then 8 over the summer and then he will FINALLY graduate, only to jump right into his masters program. He may be going to the University of Whales. Online mostly, but it does require a week oversees. FUN!!